We are pleased to offer two CSL-Certified classes each term. You may register for them at the back of the sanctuary in the Center, or phone-in your registration at 503-261-0677 during office hours. Our Certified classes count towards meeting requirements for entering Practitioner Studies, but are also taken for personal enrichment.
2017 Summer Term CSL Class
Tuesday Evenings, July 11—Sept. 12; 6:30 PM – 9:30 PM
Exploring the Roots of Science of Mind
10 Weeks; Facilitated by Kate Barrett, RScP
The roots of the Science of Mind run deep and wide through the religions, philosophies, literature and science of humankind. This 10-week class guides us through the writings of three people who greatly influenced our founder, Ernest Holmes: Ralph Waldo Emerson, Thomas Troward and Emma Curtis Hopkins.
Required Texts: The Science of Mind by Ernest Holmes, Emerson’s Essays by Ralph Waldo Emerson, Scientific Christian Mental Practice by Emma Curtis Hopkins and The Edinburgh and Dore Lectures on Mental Science by Thomas Troward.
- $50 Non-refundable deposit to hold your space
- $275 Early-Bird special (if paid-in-full three weeks before the start of class)
- $295 paid in full by first class
- $315 paid in three installments
“Foundations” is a prerequisite for this class.
Here is a list of CSL Certified Classes to be offered over the next several years:
Exploring Roots (III, Tu, P) – 10 wks, July 11—Sept. 12
Key to codes in parenthesis
CSL Class Category:
- I — Foundational Level Coursework
- II — Ernest Holmes Philosophy
- III — History/Philosophy Coursework
- IV — Consciousness Studies
- V — Consciousness Electives
Days of Week: M, Tu, W, Th, F, Sa, Su
Day or Night Class: A, P